Best Practices in Environmental Assessment: Case Studies and Application to Mining 5In the EA realm, different researchers and practitioners have outlined principles of an effective EA. Sadler''s (1996) work on evaluating practice and performance in EA provides
10.2.1 Assessing Environmental Effects (Environmental Aspects) This Environmental Impact Assessment comprises the environmental assessments that has een carried out in relation to construction and operation (and future decommissioning) ctivi ct site. The
Key Components and Best Practices for Environmental Impact Assessments Submitted by the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) on behalf of The High …
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY his global assessment provides quantitative estimates of ''burden of disease'' from environmental factors across the major categories of reported diseases and injuries. By focusing on the disease endpoint, and how various kinds of
· The Social and Environmental Standards (SES) are an integral component of UNDP''s quality assurance and risk management approach to programming. This includes the project-level Social and Environmental Screening Procedure (SESP). The SESP identifies potential social and environmental opportunities and risks/impacts in the design and implementation of projects.
The main objective of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is to evaluate the Project likely impacts on the environment as described in section 4 of this ESIA.
Nigeria. Drilling & Mining. Ken Saro-Wiwa (d. 1995) led a peaceful movement for the environmental and human rights of Nigeria''s Ogoni people whose oil-rich land has been exploited by multinational oil companies. The Nigerian government executed Saro-Wiwa in 1995. Ken Saro-Wiwa, a well-known Nigerian author and television producer, was ...
Careful local assessment of the ecology of Aedes aegypti larvae and pupae can help target environmental management and other control measures towards the most productive categories of breeding sites. This can be achieved using surveys to measure ''pupal productivity'' '' to identify the categories from which the majority of adult mosquitoes emerge (6, 7).
University of Nigeria Nsukka, unn Home TETFund Intervention Special Intervention High Impact Intervention Zonal Intervention Disaster Recovery National Research Fund (NRF) Annual Intervention
The oil and gas industry currently faces the greatest environmental, health and safety challenges in its entire history ERM is a leading global provider of integrated environmental, health, safety, risk and social consulting and sustainability-related services. We support
This paper examined residents'' environmental sanitation practices across different residential zones of Osogbo, Nigeria. The stratified residential zones are the traditional zone, the transition zone and the sub-urban zone. A total of 194 residents were selected for survey using systematically sampling technique. The study revealed that residents'' socio-economic characteristics varied ...
· Fight continues for Nigeria oil spill victims, Al Jazeera, June 8, 2010 For more information, the following are good places to start: Democracy Now!''s section called Voices from the Nigerian ResistanceThe award-winning documentary, Drilling and Killing by Amy Goodman, Jeremy Scahill and Dred Scott Keyes ...
· Assessment of secondary school students'' Knowledge, attitude and practice towards waste management in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. Journal of Research in Environmental Science and Toxicology, 3(5), 66-73. Abdul-Wahab, S. A. & Abdo, J. (2010). The
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY This report presents the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment ("ESIA") for the construction and operation of an ammonia‐urea production plant to be located within Ossiomo''s industrial park at Ologbo, Edo State, Nigeria.
(2010); Co-Consultant on Environmental Impact Assessment for Various Projects with some oil companies, in BFM Consult, Lagos State (2006-2009) to mention a few. I am currently a Regional Member, International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing''s IC WG IV/III: Global mapping: updating, verification and interoperability, Germany.
· Environmental health can be integrated into sustainable development by: Improving environmental quality for the poorest populations with the greatest burden of environmental diseases, by reducing exposures to air pollution in homes and villages from biomass burning, and providing clean water and sanitation.
· Nigeria is one of the few developing countries that have specific relevant legislation for the EIA implementation. Ours is the Environmental Impact Assessment Act 1992.
Environmental conservation or economic development Following the publication of Carson''s Silent Spring in 1962, attention was drew towards the relationship between economic growth and environmental degradation Arguments started at UN Stockholm conference 1972 without reaching
Environmental sustainability is under threat, with accelerating growth in global greenhouse gas emissions and biodiversity loss. More than a billion people still live in extreme poverty. Nearly all of them suffer from hunger. Eradicating poverty must remain central to ...
environmental assessment of cultural impacts gathers information about cultural practices and cultural features that may be affected by actions subject to Chapter 343, and promotes responsible decision making. Articles IX and XII of the State Constitution, ...
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is viewed as the starting point to solving the various environmental challenges caused by oil and gas exploration in Nigeria and other parts of the world; but unfortunately the EIA regulatory regime in Nigeria is marred by non
· In 2006, UN Environment received a formal request from the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to carry out a comprehensive environmental assessment of oil-impacted sites in the region of Ogoniland, and to recommend suitable remediation actions based on the findings. Recognizing the human and environmental tragedy associated with oil contamination in the Ogoni …
Livestock Environmental Assessment and Performance (LEAP) Partnership The Livestock Environmental Assessment and Performance (LEAP) Partnership is a first-of-its-kind, multi-stakeholder partnership of Governments, Private Sectors, NGOs and CSOs.LEAP guiding principles include: global, inclusive, consensus, transparency, scientific, comprehensive, continuous improvement and adoption.
International Union for Conservation of Nature - IUCN
32 Effects of Global Climate Change on Nigerian Agriculture: An Empirical Analysis T.G. Apata Evidence from literature and past studies has revealed that the recent global warming has influenced agricultural productivity leading to declining food
environmental issues associated with the management of solid waste in Kano Metropolis, Nigeria. Primary data were obtained through administration of structured questionnaires to a random size of population in the areas that have the highest heaps of solid waste on the major streets and open
Nigeria 31 Marshall Islands 30.8 Niger 30.8 Republic of Congo 30.8 Senegal 30.7 Eritrea 30.4 Benin 30 GDP per capita Tonga 45.1 Nicaragua 39.2 Honduras 37.8 Samoa 37.3 Pakistan 33.1 Nigeria 31 ...
2 Strategic Environmental and Social Assessment (SESA): adds the social el-ement more specifically to a strategic environmental impact assessment, looking at the potential environmental and social impacts of policies, plans and programmes.
The search found no studies comprising a comprehensive global environmental footprint assessment of health care. We found studies that assessed the greenhouse gas emissions for individual countries, and a global comparative study focusing on member countries of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, China, and India.
E. Environmental management 114 Part VII Marketing operations 120 A. Depots 120 B. Retail outlets 125 Part VIII Standardization of environmental abatement procedures 132 A. Environmental impact assessment process 132 B. Contingency planning
Jabi, Abuja . Nigeria. E-mail:[email protected] . Contact the Abuja Head Quarters between 8am and 4pm on any of the following numbers: 08079917938, 07064701747, 09082907092. Contact the Lagos Office between 8am and 4pm on any of the following numbers: 09056463036, 08038514090. Visit …
Global Assessment of Environment Statistics and Environmental-Economic Accounting 2017. According to the 2017 Global Assessment, 69 countries had programmes on environmental-economic accounting, corresponding to a 28 per cent increase in the number of countries with a programme compared to the 2014 Global Assessment.
The degradation of the environment is a natural consequenceof urbanization and industriilization. These two processesare the leading sources of environmental concerns in Nigeria. The country has witnessed a phenomenal industrial growth and development especially since the indigenisation decree of 1974.
Assessment of the impacts from changes brought up by the project on the baseline environmental conditions Analysis distinguishing between positive and negative impacts, direct and indirect impacts, intended and non-intended impacts as well as26
global environmental risks and to build resilience across all types of countries to contribute to inclusive and sustainable development, taking into account complex issues such as the interactions between food, water and energy security.
Inappropriate solid waste management practices in schools in developing countries constitute one of the major factors leading to declining environmental health conditions. A proper waste management is needed to ensure the protection of the
· Background Renewable energy (RE) has been talked about for more than 30 years while there is an increased use of fossil fuels accompanied by subsequent negative environmental impacts and supply decline. This study explores the linkages between renewable energy and energy efficiency in ensuring an eco-friendly environment in Nigeria. Four independent variables (economic growth, fossil …